Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Gambling 2K8: XXIV (Cliff Huxtable Edition)


After consecutive weeks of a .500 winning percentage, the Brian Vickers System has lost a smidge of momentum. But it hasn't crashed and burned, either. Which is important. I started thinking Sunday night how our system might not always deliver 7-1 weekends, but it sure as hell seems like a safe way to keep from getting your head kicked in. I've never had an eight-week stretch in my previous thirteen years of gambling where I didn't have an awful weekend or two -it's inevitable. Sure, I've had hotter three-and-four week stretches, but never a two-month period of disaster-free wagering. It could be dumb luck, but I tend to doubt it; 64 games in fewer than two months is quite a bit of action. Anyway, our dumb Tuesday night pick...

Temple (-3) vs. Ohio

Explanation: Sure, we're betting Shit against Shit (why else would it be played on a Tuesday?), but at least the Bobs stayed within two touchdowns of Ohio State, and held Northwestern to one touchdown. They ain't the '85 Bears, but they've done something, which is more than I can say about the Owls. Plus, Lord Vickers has a rule that Craig and I must follow, otherwise we'd be frauds: Throw money on Temple any time they're favored, because there's a good chance it'll never happen again.

Where's Paul Palmer when you need him?

Season Record: 35-28-1

-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
10/21/08

0 comments: