Thursday, October 2, 2008

Andy Dufresne Didn't Know Nothing About Hope


My potential for happiness took a significant hit the day Nick Van Exel retired. That happened in the summer of 2006 and my outlook has redefined bleak ever since. That attitude continued until a few minutes ago, when something I read on Mark Curnutte's blog offered me hope for the future.

These words actually came out of Chad Johnson's mouth:

"Think about this: You remember our '05 season, right? ... Our '05 season is the
year everybody went to jail and got arrested. That year everybody got in
trouble. So maybe the bad (was) a good thing: It sounds dumb to say, but look at
it. We have cleaned house and nobody is getting in trouble anymore, no DUIs, no
arrests, now we're getting our (butt) whooped. Maybe I don't know - maybe I
should go out, have a drink, get in trouble. I don't know what it is. Our '05
was one of the best years here in history. It was one of those years where there
(were) a lot of distractions."


-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
10/2/08

0 comments: