Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Who the F**K are Brooks & Dunn?

My favorite line from the underrated film Knockaround Guys is also the title of this post. I watched that movie recently and I got to thinking about just how stupid hillbillies are. Which led to me remembering how Alan Jackson was considered a hero after writing the most laughable piece of music of the past twenty years (or however long it's been since Lee Greenwood sang that "Proud to be an American" nonsense). Anyway, I felt like you needed a good chuckle on Thanksgiving Eve, so that's why I'm posting the video of Alan Jackson's "Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning)."

Before viewing, take a look at my favorite lyrics from this gem:

I'm just a singer of simple songs
I'm not a real political man
I watch CNN but I'm not sure I can tell you
The difference in Iraq and Iran
But I know Jesus and I talk to God
And I remember this from when I was young
Faith hope and love are some good things he gave us
And the greatest is love


Translation: My name is Alan Jackson, and I ain't too smart. But I wear an American Flag shirt to my cousin's 4th of July party, and I sing about patriotism, so you should consider me a hero.

Relax, here's the video:




I take it back, Alan Jackson is a hero. What was I thinking?

Question: Am I going to hell for making fun of a guy who wrote a patriotic song after 9/11?

-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
11/21/07

0 comments: