Sunday, November 4, 2007

Adrian Peterson is the Best Back in Football

Adrian Peterson spent his Sunday reminding Ladainian Tomlinson that his time at the top is a part of the past. Peterson is now the best runningback in the NFL, and frankly, anyone who disagrees is a moron.

Listen, I'm typically levelheaded when it comes to heaping such praise on the newest, the youngest, the next. This is why I'm still not completely on board with LeBron James. Oh sure, he's great, but he's still somewhat overrated, and he's nowhere near the class of somebody like Kobe. But Peterson...good Christ, he managed to further flatten my level head with his 296-yard record setting performance against the San Diego Chargers.

It might be unpopular to annoint the young buck to "greatest back in the league" status. This is especially true when you consider just how great Tomlinson still is. I should mention that this isn't a case of me trying to make a wild prediction and hope it makes me look smarter than I already look (which is really smart and stuff). Nope, this is what I believe to be absolute truth. And anyone who has watched Peterson this season will undoubtedly agree with me. It's either that or you're lying to yourself (kinda like anyone who says they enjoy listening to Bob Marley).

Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger.

While we're here, how about a trip down memory lane (even if we have no memory of it)...

Boys and girls, I will now treat you to five minutes of Adrian Peterson's freshman highlight tapes. Freshman in high school, that is. Enjoy:




-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
11/4/07

0 comments: