Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Fact: I Am Not Young, Black and Famous

More and more, I find myself doing things that a typical blogger would. This makes me want to hang myself in front of my family at the annual Spieser Christmas party. Really, I can't tell you how much I hate posting links to someone else's work and suggesting that you read it. There's nothing necessarily wrong with people who do that, but it's just not me. Or at least it hasn't been me. Here's to hoping I don't become another lazy blogger. But if I do succumb to the seductive blogging world, I promise you it won't be long before I tie the noose. Please wear black to my funeral. And turn off your goddamn cell phone at the service!

But anyway...this article about Sean Taylor's death really opened my eyes. I've always known I wasn't young, black and famous, but Antrel Rolle's comments made me realize more than a profile mirror ever could.

When I decide to stop associating out with a friend, the only fear I have is bumping into them at a local bar. And even then I wouldn't fear for my life; I'd just cringe at the possibility of an awkward conversation.

I have no more words.

New podcasts should be posted Thursday. The operative word in the last sentence is "should." My friend Craig is the X-factor here. He's kind of like Dante Hall, with the only difference being height, skin color and checking account balance.

-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
11/28/07

0 comments: