Monday, November 26, 2007

Kirk Herbstreit Lies on National TV

Is Kirk Herbstreit unquestionably the best college football analyst of all time? Yes. Does he go overboard trying to show that he isn't an Ohio State blowhard? Uh yeah. But that's okay, because he doesn't really have a choice. If he wants to continue to collect a fat check every week, he has to act like he's not pulling hard for the Bucks every game, even though everybody knows where his rooting interest lies.

Anyway, I was just watching a video of Herbstreit breaking down the BCS (you know, because I'm insane) and I fell off my futon when I heard Kirk Herbstreit actually say that he'd rather see a West Virginia-Missouri matchup for the national title, as opposed to Ohio State sneaking in.

Upon hearing this, most psychotic Buckeyes fans would call Herbstreit a traitor. And they would threaten his life on message boards, slash his tires and openly root for bad things to happen to his family (like getting AIDS or whatever).

Me? I just think it's funny. I mean, who does Herbstreit think he's fooling? He grew up in Ohio. He was a fanatical Ohio State fan as a teenager. He played QB for the Bucks. He's an alum. And you mean to tell me he's rooting for two other teams besides his alma mater to play for a national title? Please. Again, I really don't take this stuff too seriously, but I do find it comical that I'm expected to believe this nonsense.

Here's the video...





-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
11/26/07

0 comments: