Friday, November 9, 2007

Locks of the Millennium Before I Play Nappy Time

NCAA: Fresno State (+17.5) at Hawaii.

Reasoning: I desperately need Hawaii to win 11 games this season--so you know I'm rooting for the Islanders--but I'd be hesitant to lay points against St. Xavier at this point. Trust me, if Hawaii goes undefeated they will unquestionably go down as the worst batch of sucks to ever compete in a BCS game. Thems the facts.

NFL: Atlanta (+4) at Carolina.

Reasoning: I live by one rule, and it's this: Always bet against Vinny Testaverde, regardless of circumstance. But, since he's (a.) old enough to be my father, and (b.) quarterbacking a team favored by more than a field goal it's even that much more intriguing. Makes sense, don't it?

(And yes, I know that undrafted rookie Matt Moore might start in place of Testabutt. In that case, the same rules apply.)

I'm calling my shot, boys and boys...after this weekend, my record will stand at 10-10. Or maybe not. Either way, I want to to trip on something.

Goodnight.

-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
11/9/07

0 comments: