Saturday, November 17, 2007

Locks of the Millennium

A couple of things before I get to my picks:

Don't forget, Buckeye fans, Ohio State still has a legitimate chance to back-door itself into the national championship game. Win today and pray for help.

Oregon is out of the picture. Missouri, Oklahoma and West Virginia are all on the road Saturday, favored by less than ten points. It's not inconceivable that all three of them could fall. Unlikely? Yes. But I'm telling you, it can happen. Especially with teams like Missouri, who have never played in games this big. Keep dem fangers crossed, boys and girls. Well, unless you hate Ohio State. Then you can play in traffic.

(Something funny before the gambling stuff: Desmond Howard keeps calling Kirk Herbstreit "Kurt." Idiot.)

Anyway, I'm currently riding my hottest streak of the season--my record stands at 10-10--and I'm planning on another 2-0 weekend. Should you wager all of your money on my picks? Of course, silly. Onto the locks...

I really think Boston College (+8.5) at Clemson is a decent play, BUT...in my life, I've never seen a more lifeless team than Notre Dame. They shouldn't be giving points to anybody. So today, they're favored by six-and-a-half points at home against shitty Duke, and I'm not the least bit scared about risking my record on the Blue Devils. The pick, in case you didn't understand my last thirty words: Duke (+6.5) at Notre Dame.

NFL: Green Bay (9.5) vs. Carolina. Reason: You know, the whole Vinny Testafaggot thing.

-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
11/17/07

0 comments: