Sunday, April 6, 2008

Ten Greatest College Dunkers of All Time

I love getting mad about shit before it ever happens. I'm advanced like that. It's usually when I expect announcers to refer to white guys as "gritty," "gutty" or "quicker than they look."

So at noon Sunday, when CBS runs an hour long program about the ten greatest college dunkers of all time, I expect to be mad. Mad because Clyde Drexler won't be named No. 1, which he should. I'm also predicting Michael Jordan's name to appear in the top ten, which will only be the most ridiculous thing ever put on television (Goodfellas on TBS included). And...I can guarantee you won't hear Melvin Levett mentioned once, not even in an "others receiving votes" category.

Somehow, the video of Levett's game winning dunk vs. Duke in the final second of the Great Alaska shootout isn't on YouTube. A consolation for you people is his most spectacular dunk...




I could watch Levett's head-bobbing celebration all day long.

As for Drexler, here's a four-dunk montage from his Phi Slamma Jamma days. His best dunk is the last one you see; for some reason it's not shown multiple times like the other dunks.





Email me your favorite college dunkers. Try to stay off the radar--guys like Levett, not Drexler. I know I'm forgetting plenty of dudes.

-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
4/6/08

0 comments: