Monday, April 14, 2008

Fact: Bob Marley's Music is Awful (Here We Go Again)


Since I started this thing, nothing has generated as much response as what I wrote on October 28, 2007:

"If you've ever claimed to enjoy listening to Bob Marley...then you are a fucking liar, it's as simple as that. With the possible exception of people with the last name of Marley, there isn't a chance that anybody actually enjoys listening to that garbage. I would rather subject myself to crying babies and smoke detectors for three fucking hours than listen to ten seconds of "I Shot the Sheriff," and I know you're nodding your head right now as you read my words."


The crazy reaction from readers truly surprised me. And it also proved my point.

Reader Adam B. quoted a handful of Marley's lyrics before dropping this doozie on me:

Makes blogging about the Bengals seem kinda insipid, doesn't it?

Actually, no, it doesn't. I never said Bob Marley wasn't kindhearted or influential (or whatever), I just said that his music sucked. Listen, my Grandma was a wonderful person, but she couldn't sing for shit. What's the difference?

Anyway, for further thoughts on Marley (and his lousy music), go listen to the latest podcast, "bob marley music is unlistenable (terrible)."

Take that, Aug!

-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
4/14/08

0 comments: