Saturday, April 5, 2008

Minor League Baseball is Played on a Nightly Basis


Would you believe me if I told you that I'm already regretting my commitment to this stupid minor league project?

Really, what was I thinking? But anyway...

AAA Louisville: If fantastic meant crappy, Jay Bruce (age 21) was fantastic Saturday. Six at-bats, zero hits and...three strikeouts! It's fair to say that this dude is pressing.

Starter Matt Maloney (age 24) only lasted 3.2 innings. Is he an intriguing prospect or just another Brian Reith/Jose Acevedo/Elizardo Ramirez? At least he's a lefty, right?

My boy Bill Bray (age 24) gave up a hit and a walk and struck out one in two-thirds of an inning.

AA Chattanooga: Their website sucks. It's 2:00 a.m. and they still haven't updated their site. Whatever. I can't wait up all night. I need a full night of sleep before the Edinson Volquez Experience begins Sunday afternoon.

(UPDATE: As it turns out nobody of consequence played Saturaday for Chattanooga.)

High A Sarasota: Matt Belisle threw 8.2 scoreless innings. Take that, Josh Fogg.

Sean Watson (age 22) closed out the shutout. His ERA now stands at 20.25. I love inflated early-season statistics.

At the plate, Juan Francisco (age 20) went 2-4 with an RBI.

Drew Stubbs (age 23) went 0-2 with two more walks. I know it's early, but his patience at the plate is very encouraging; he struck out 142 times last season compared to only 69 walks.

Low A Dayton: Todd Frazier (age 22) walked three more times and hit a GW homer.

-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
4/6/08

1 comments:

Unknown said...

While it might be a real pain in the ass, I really enjoy your minor league updates...because then it's not such a pain in the ass for me to look them up.

Volquez > Josh Hamilton