Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Hi, Hello and Welcome: Part Seven (The Future and Whatnot)


1. Death.

2. Taxes.

3. Spaghetti is awesome.

4. George Grande won't shut the hell up about Harvey's Wallbangers during any Reds-Brewers series.

Maybe what I hate most about Grande is his inability to let go of the past, especially when it's (a.) uninteresting, and (b.) borderline irrelevant.

And the 1982 Brewers happen to be both (although Gorman Thomas had intimidating facial hair).

With that in mind, watch the entirety of the Reds-Brewers series (beginning tonight) and count how many times this idiot references Harvey's Goddamn Wallbangers, as if anyone gives a bloody hell.

And I swear, if Grande calls Cecil Cooper "Coop" while I'm trying to enjoy me some John P. Cueto, I might have to get a quick flight with SkyBus to Milwaukee to unplug his microphone.

Over/Under on Grande's first Harvey's Wallbangers reference: bottom of the 4th, right after Cueto's second strikeout of Rickie Weeks.

I'm taking the under. I say Grande won't last two innings.

-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
4/8/08

0 comments: