Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Jay Bruce Does Good Baseball Things!


The Reds make me want to hang myself. But, I am not in panic mode.

That said, I think it's time to call up Jay Bruce. Immediately

Wednesday's line against Norfolk: Three at-bats. Three hits. A homer. A triple. Ho hum.

Over his his last ten games he's hitting .400 with 3 HRs and 9 RBI. I imagine his numbers will look similar over the next ten games, too. Know why? Because he's already done it before; Bruce murdered the ball at AAA Louisville last year. He has nothing left to prove. It's time for him to take the next step. I feel like I should be using exclamation points to emphasize how strongly I feel.

Corey Patterson is not as good as the player who had a 1.192 OPS in his first 31 at-bats this season. He's also not as bad as the guy who's one for his last fifteen. He's probably somewhere in the middle. I wouldn't mind him starting and batting 7th or 8th if this team were cruising along, or in desperate need of his speed. But they're not.

What the Cincinnati Reds are desperate for is a spark.

His name is Jay Bruce.

Don't wait too long, Kriv Dawg.

-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
4/17/08

0 comments: