Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My Own Personal Groundhog Day

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but Reds Manager Pete Mackanin is a stupid person.

As I write this (9:37pm ET), the Reds game just started after a ninety minute rain delay. The only reason I even have my television on is so I can watch the continued amazement of Joshua Hamilton. I couldn't wait to see how he'd follow up Tuesday's 3-5 performance? Well, since Reds Manager Pete Mackanin is a fucking idiot I'll have to wait until Thursday, because Hamilton's on the bench eating sunflower seeds and playing grab-ass (or whatever). Apparently Hamilton still needs to be babied, which means that he's just not ready to face a tough lefty like Ted Goddamn Lilly. I swear, shit like this makes me want to blow things up with dynamite.

Dear Pete Mackanin,

Norris Hopper is just a person who happens to be a tad better than the dickheads in Triple A. He will be playing for the Blue Jays (or Devil Rays, or Royals) in 2009. I don't care if he has a 55 game hitting streak--he should never ever ever steal an at bat from a talented human like Josh Hamilton.

I.

HATE.

MY.

LIFE.

-Brad
8/15/07

UPDATE: No shit, Josh Hamilton just hit a ball 900 feet to left center. Pete Mackanin needs to be the recipient of several face punches.

-Brad
8/16/07 (just after midnight)

0 comments: