Friday, January 9, 2009

Sean Miller Unhappy With Derrick Brown; Me Agrees


I don't really care about the state of Xavier basketball, but I couldn't help but notice that in today's Enquirer Sean Miller voiced his displeasure with Derrick Brown's refusal to attack the glass. And really, how could you blame him?

As long as I live I will never forget Derrick Brown's dominant rebounding performance in XU's first round tourney win over BYU in 2007.

Sixteen rebounds!

Sixteen minutes!

Only players with considerable talent can produce stat lines like that. Which makes me wonder...why does Brown - now playing almost thirty minutes per game - only pull down five boards a night?

Again, I'm not a Muskies fan, but that is inexcusable.

End of words.

(Lacking transitional tool...)

Friday's Vickers (which impessively won three out of four games yesterday. Tell your degenerate friends) ...

***NBA***

Cavs (-4)
vs. Celtics

Thunder (+6.5) vs. Rockets

Wizards (+5) at Bulls

Kings (+4) vs. Heat

Yesterday: 3-1
Overall: 186-155-6

-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
1/9/09

0 comments: