Thursday, January 22, 2009

Drawing Comparisons To Fat Beach Boy


(Am I overrating my abilities if I compare myself to Brian Wilson?)

I slept until 2:00 this afternoon -- 2:00! -- and after eating a Little Caesar's Hot 'N' Ready for the 56th time since Halloween, all I can think about is going back to bed. And while that might seem pathetic, let's keep it funky: Sleeping is better than not sleeping -- always has and always will be. In fact, sleeping is better than just about everything that's not (a.) eating, (b.) drinking watermelon vodka, (c.) making intercourse and (d.) the first two days of the NCAA tournament.

So, if sleeping is undeniably great -- I mean, nobody would ever say otherwise -- then why am I borderline depressed?

The answer, not surprisingly, is website neglect.

I get emails every single day from readers asking (demanding? begging?) for more content. This screws with my head, for two reasons:

1. It's still tough to fathom having loyal readers who are complete strangers.

2. I'm overflowing with column ideas.

Let's briefly examine reason No. 2: I spend my days texting myself odd thoughts and writing shit down on my hand and on napkins with intentions (hopes) of using them in this space. But I've recently come to the realization that said thoughts will stay on said napkins, for I don't have anywhere near enough time to post them.

And it's fucking depressing.

For three reasons:

1. I really want to make this happen.

2. I occasionally work twenty hour days (like yesterday) that prevent me from truly going for it.
3. I might have to significantly cut down on my workload -- and move back in with my parents for a year -- to see if I (or we -- Craig's podcast contributions are integral) have the chops to take this sucker to the next level.

Because all I've had time for lately is posting nightly Vickers picks, and while that's very important to me and the future success of the site, it's not enough. It's also unfair to you, and it comes across as lazy (even it's not true).

Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to post Thursday's Vickers and go back to sleep...

***NBA***

Florida Magic (-5)
vs. Celtics

***NCAAB***

West Virginia (+5)
at Georgetown

Washington State (+5.5) vs. UCLA

San Diego (+3.5) vs. St. Mary's

Gonzaga (-27) at Pepperdine

Washington (-5.5) vs. USC

Yesterday: 4-5
Overall: 245-215-13

From the "Just So You Know" Department:

I'm not a Beach Boys fan at all. Actually, I think they're kind of terrible. But "God Only Knows," so brilliantly used in Boogie Nights, is one of my 135 favorite songs of all time. Enjoy...




-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
1/22/09

0 comments: