Monday, January 26, 2009

Comparing This Year's Cardinals To Next Year's Bengals

(My computator isn't uploading pictures at the moment. Deal with it, assholes.)

Over the weekend an acquaintance of mine suggested the Bengals might be next year's Cardinals. I smiled, nodded and went about my day. But inside I was thinking, What a shithead.

Said acquaintance's line of thinking, I'm guessing, went something like this: Explosive offense + stars aligning + crazy shit happens in the NFL = Why not us?

On the surface this seems mildly plausible, but it's really about a billion times away from being a reality (and this has nothing to do with the the two-headed abortion of Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis).

While I would never consider the Cardinals' defense a strength, they have five guys -- five guys -- I would take over the Bengals' best defender. It's not a stretch to call Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Adrian Wilson, Antrel Rolle, Darnell Dockett or Karlos Dansby better the the Bengals' best player on that side of the ball----which is...who? Leon Hall, maybe?

I suppose it's possible for the 2009 Bengals to win it all, but I would try avoiding comparisons of this year's Cards to next year's Bengals at your upcoming dinner party.

You're welcome.

Keep the change, you filthy animals.

-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
1/26/09

0 comments: