Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Taking Short Cuts = I Hate Myself

I don't care what message was being sent in Forrest Gump, determination will never overcome STUPID.

Now, I know what you're thinking. You're thinking I'm about to make fun of hillbillies. (Cue Lee Corso) Not so fast, my friend.

In this case I'm the one who is extremely determined, yet overwhelmingly dumb. I spent the last three hours trying to accomplish four easy tasks. I needed to (a.) get my hair did, (b.) go to the bank, (c.) buy pants and (d.) go to the post office.

Long story short...after getting lost in my own neighborhood for thirty minutes, I drove off in a rage and only accomplished two of my tasks. I didn't get my hair did and I forgot about the post office.

I've been accused in the past of being lazy, and mostly it's been warranted. But this was just a matter of stupidity.

Translation: if I don't win the lottery I'll never see the age of forty.

New podcasts are on the page. More to be posted throughout the week.

-Brad Spieser
9/25/07

0 comments: