Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Joy Of Shouting At Loved Ones!


The issues with my computer were so bad a few weeks ago that the screen would go black if a stiff breeze came through the window. Okay, that might be a slight exaggeration, but really, even the gentlest of touch would set it off, resulting in a loss of unsaved data. Craig knew this, or so I thought, and still touched my computer during the middle of a semi-promising recording session. Luckily, the screen didn't crap out, and now you gets to hear all about it in our marginally riveting podcast, "Shouting Match--Social Anxiety--Frustration With Radio."

Craig's seemingly harmless act (beginning 52 seconds into the podcast) kicked off an entertaining - yet genuine - shouting match that lasted three and a half minutes. ESPN (both radio and TV) can't go ten minutes without a contrived shouting match, but everyone - I hope - sees right through it. I am not Skip Bayless. I am not Mark May.

This podcast actually extends beyond the shouting match - hence the long title - and it's really worth listening to. Such as...Craig opens up about the nightmares of Social Anxiety Disorder; he's easily the most complex human being I'll ever know. Also, the conversation, as it so often does, turned to radio, and how Craig is one of the more talented people I met in my eight years of radio. This portion of the podcast will be interesting to anyone who listens to local radio, for a few reasons: Craig and I mention several prominent names - guys we know personally - and I reveal the one thing about radio that leaves me bitter.

(It's also worth noting that Craig tells a great story about a DJ in Cleveland giving out his number on the air.)

-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
11/18/08

0 comments: