Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Revisiting the 2008 NFL Draft (Kinda Sorta)


I had a post-midnight discussion with my brother last night on the topic of Eddie Royal and the rest of the impressive rookie class. Which led to me wishing the Bengals had a piece of that action. Which led to me venting about the Bengals' bypassing of DeSean Jackson, a guy I love, in the second round. Which led to me asking my brother if it makes me a jerk when I link to stuff I've already written. Which led to him telling me that nobody likes being told I told you so. Which led to me agreeing with him and feeling like an a-hole for all the times I've linked to myself.

So, after DeSean Jackson grabbed six balls for over 100 yards--and returned a punt 60 yards--I'm fighting off the urge to link to my post that suggested the Bengals made a monumental mistake by passing up DeSean Jackson in the second round. (That particular post, by the way, was written May 1, 2008, and can be found on the blog archive page! And I wouldn't object if you decided to read it again and remind me all about it.)

I am not a jerk.

-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
9/9/08

0 comments: