Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Here's Why Jay Bruce Is Good (Video)


My inner nerd always appears when it comes to breaking down tape. Which is why I'm a slave to Driveline Mechanics. You wouldn't think a fifteen minute video of one Jay Bruce swing would be interesting, and yet it is. I feel like I learned a lot from this video: without revealing too much, I'll just tell you that the guys at Driveline Mechanics debunk myths about arm extension and the importance of a hitter's back foot remaining on the ground when bat meets ball.

I can't embed the video, so you'll have to check out their site. (Note: Try to hang with it through the first five minutes; the last ten are relatively riveting.)

(Thanks to reader Hiram for directing me toward this video...)

-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
5/28/08

0 comments: