Friday, July 13, 2007

BOOM GOT THEM THO!!!

Aside from outdoor drinking and women showing a little tanned skin, I hate everything about summertime. I'm pasty as hell so I can't spend extended periods in the sun, the Reds have been miserable for almost a decade, I'm too old to still be going to Warped Tour and Scribble Jam and I'm a degenerate sports gambler with nothing to gamble on. ( I gave baseball, the WNBA and Arena Football a shot but it just wasn't that fun.) Since nothing exciting is going on, I've been spending an exorbitant amount of time on the interweb. I'm fairly certain I've read every blog that has ever been written. Fortunately, this has led me to my new favorite athlete, Rod Benson.

You may not know of the 6'10 Benson, who played his college ball at Cal and is currently on the Memphis Grizzlies summer league roster. According to Henry Abbott of True Hoop, "The NBDL's Rod Benson is the black Paul Shirley, I guess: minor league talent, major league humorous writing skills." He is an entertainer and a self proclaimed renaissance man who also happens to produce one fantastic blog. Here is a sample:

This is Benson interviewing one of his boys before he goes on a date...




...And a music video with an explanation:

I coined the phrase “Boom got them tho”. Loosley translated, “Boom got them tho” means nothing at all, but in a way, it means so much. It could be like a “Got the job done” or “Good job” or even “In your face!” The point is that it is awesome because it is almost always applicable.

Just a disclaimer, this is not intended to be real music by real musicians. Just consider it a video form of my blog -- to a musical beat. It features: Luke Jackson, Brad Buckman, BJ Elder, Corey Williams, Jamar Smith, Kris Clack, Dontell Jefferson, Ryan Anderson, Quemont Greer and more. Go ahead and take a look.




This dude is probably fun to party with.

0 comments: