Sunday, August 31, 2008

Chris Wells + Foot Injury = Amputation


Facts: (1.) Times like these always have me thinking the worst. (2.) This Chris Wells injury has me wishing I had different hobbies.

Assuming he's physically able to stand up on September 13, Wells will be in the starting lineup - that much is obvious. And that's a good thing, right? Well, maybe. But I have a horrible feeling that OSU will fall flat--and USC will receive a sizable boost--if Chris Wells isn't really ready to play a Division I football match.

Again: If Wells' teammates think he's Superman, and if Superman tries to play at 50-60%, followed by Tressel pulling him...I just don't see how the Buckeyes could recover from that. At least not on the road, with the Trojans smelling blood.

Does this make sense to anyone?

(And yes, I realize I have no idea how severe the injury actually is.)

-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
8/31/08

0 comments: