Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Reds Sign a Teenager. Me Happy.


As you may or may not know, the Cincinnati Reds just signed a sixteen-year-old Dominican outfielder named Juan Duran for $2 million American dollars, a move I will praise for eons and eons, even if we never hear from Duran again. Anytime you can get your hands on a youngster who draws comparisons to Juan Gonzalez, Vlad Guererro and Dave Winfield, well, should $2 million ever stand in the way? Of course not.

(Note: You should really read that article if you want to get excited about the 2016 season.)

I will follow up on this, and tie it in with my thoughts on the Josh Fogg acqusition (and it's stupidness), at some point Wednesday. As for now, I need my bed.

One other thing: I'm pretty sure the picture above is not of the Reds' Juan Duran, but a Google image search of the same name led me to that picture, so anything is possible. Until I find out otherwise, I have no reason but to believe that he is the left fielder of the future. It's either him, or this guy, who also was found in the image search...


All joking aside, what are the odds that this guy hasn't raped someone? 10,000/1? Higher?

-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
3/4/08

0 comments: