Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Home Video of the Baylor Celebration

St. Patty's Day is awesome. But everything that surrounds it is not exactly conducive to updating a fledgling website. It screws you up the night before (because you need to get to bed at a decent hour if you're going to wake up at 6:30 for an all day booze-fest), it screws you up the day of (because you're too busy drinking and antagonizing Dylan Klebold disciples up in Clifton) and it screws you up the day after (because your face still hurts after slamming umpteen car bombs). Life is good. Life kinda sucks.

And I mention this not just asking for your pity but to remind you that I promise to give you my predictions for the NCAA tournament. In the meantime, I have a video that you must watch. If you're anything like me, you thought the best part of the CBS Selection Show was Baylor's reaction to their at-large selection. I don't know if CBS purposely announced Baylor's tourney bid last, but if they did...well done.

About an hour after Baylor's name popped up on my TV, I scoured YouTube for CBS' video of the scene at Baylor. No dice. Hours later I was preparing for my whiskey-soaked holiday and forgetting about this site. Fast forward to nine minutes ago and I've struck gold. I searched "Baylor" on YouTube and not only did the CBS version come up, but a three minute homemade video from Baylor's gymnasium--the site of the wild celebration--did as well. Be sure to listen to the entire thing. Listen to the mood of the crowd sink when Arizona receives their bid...listen to everything. Not to sound too homo, but this is a special moment.

Considering what Baylor fans have been through over the past decade-plus, I can safely say that this is a team I'm rooting for in a few days.




Also, also, also...I posted a new podcast: "the kids with beards have all the fun." I know I say this a lot, but this might be the funniest one yet. Some things can only happen when you're thirteen, and these are the things we talk about on the podcast.

Heals, this one's for you.

-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
3/19/08

0 comments: