Sunday, June 15, 2008

Tiger Woods Needs Our Help. Obviously.


There are times when I am the least original human being alive. The latest example: The Tiger Woods Experience.

When he was lining up his birdie on the 18th I considered getting on my knees to say a prayer for Mr. Woods. You know, because he needs my support...and His help.

Which is just bizarre behavior for me in every other walk of sporting life. My attitude before seemingly every game (or tournament) is simple: Unless I have specific rooting interest, I'm pulling for the underdog.

Rocco Mediate redefines underdog. And he's currently engaged in a battle with Eddie House for the title of Most Likable Mammal On Planet Earth. Mediate's story is a great one, too - he's a 45-year-old who had to qualify just to play in the U.S. Open.

So why was I in Tiger's corner Sunday? Why were you?

-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
6/16/08

0 comments: