Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I Really Like City Slickers. I Hate Myself.

I often hate myself for liking City Slickers, but what can you do? I feel like I should be making fun of someone for liking it. Really, I know it's gay. And I know it's about three 40-year-olds going through mid-life crises, which makes it a movie directed at everyone but me, but I can't help it...I like City Slickers! And while my emotions never get moved to tears, I have to say the film touched me (whatever that means).

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm officially a gay guy for liking City Slickers, although I don't really care what you have to say about it (except I kind of do).

Example of a gay scene that was really well done:








To take things to a different level--and I've admitted it before--the gayest movie that makes me cry is Father of the Bride (the Steve Martin version). Somehow, some genius from another country posted the absolute best scene from Father of the Bride. It also happens to be the scene that turns me into a little girl with a scraped knee.








(Note: My goal of this post was to use the expression "tugs at my heartstrings." I had plenty of opportunities, too, but opted against it to maintain my rep.)

Have any thoughts about the softness of this post? Email me.

-Brad Spieser (
Brad@TwinKilling.com)
2/19/08

0 comments: