Sunday, September 13, 2009

NFL Predictions ...Kind Of


Only four humans have ever thrown 40 touchdowns in a season: Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino (twice) and Kurt Warner.

That's it, that's the list.

Why do I bring this up? Because I believe Aaron Rodgers joins that list this season.

In Greg Jennings, Rodgers has a superstar WR just entering his prime; with Donald Driver, an excellent No. 2; James Jones and Jordy Nelson are better than any receiver on the Giants' roster; and tight end Jermichael Finley is about to burst onto the scene.

Throw in a defense that isn't allergic to shootouts, and all the necessary ingredients for a 40-TD season are there.

With time running out before the season begins, this is really the only prediction I wanted to get on record.

I was going to predict greatness for Chris Wells -- sooner rather than later -- but I'm pretty sure that was expected out of me.

NFC: Falcons over Packers

AFC: Pats over Steelers

Super Bowl: Pats over Falcons

-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
9/13/09

1 comments:

Daniel Phillips said...

I just don't see it. Everyone is picking Aaron Rodgers to be the MVP or to lead the Packers deep in the playoffs. He doesn't have a good o-line, doesn't make quick reads, and overthrows targets way too often. That team might be better, but I don't see him breaking out this year.