Saturday, April 4, 2009

Still Missing My Favorite Show...

Let me tell you how goddamn great The Wire was, and just how much it meant to me: I was just reading Bill Simmons's answer to a mailbag question about bromances, and just reading the names Avon and Stringer sent a chill through my body. I was covered in goosebumps and unable to function for at least a minute. Or as Jeff Brantley might say, I was literally paralyzed. Anyway, I've spent the last 21 minutes watching my favorite Avon and Stringer scenes on YouTube.

My favorite can be seen below. And don't bother watching it if you haven't seen the show; not only do I not want to spoil anything for you, but you'll have no idea you're watching maybe the most powerful scene in the show's five-year run.



Avon: Us, motherfucker.

Stringer: Us, man.

-Brad Spieser (
Brad@TwinKilling.com)
4/4/09

0 comments: