Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Edinson Volquez Scares Me And Whatnot


I like to think of myself as one who knows a thing or twelve about sports. Which means I probably shouldn't panic when Edinson Volquez throws fastball after fastball between 87 and 89 MPH (miles per hour). But you know what? I'm panicking. Because that's what I do. The same thing happens with the Bengals and Buckeyes. Whenever I see Carson Palmer or Chris Wells limping I'm convinced they'll never be able to walk again. Perhaps this disposition started when Kenyon Martin snapped his leg in the spring of 2000, I don't know. What I do know, however, is that until Volquez is consistently pumping fastballs in the mid-90's again, one thought won't stop running through my head: Volquez needs Tommy John...Volquez needs Tommy John...

I hate myself. I hate Jim Day. I hate David Weathers.

Another quick thought: Does anyone else find it odd that Ken Griffey Jr only had two walk-off hits as a member of the Mariners? Two! Five with the Reds, two with the M's, when he was the best player in baseball. Strange. Somebody, anybody, alert Jayson Stark!

(Picture note: I have no idea what's going on in that picture, but goddamn do I love giraffes.)

-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
7/1/08

0 comments: