Saturday, August 29, 2009

Jonny "Never Say Die" Gomes


It's been well over a month since I watched the stupid Reds play stupid baseball, but I'm at least somewhat aware that Jonny Gomes has morphed into the best goddamn slugger in this history of professional baseball in America.

And anyway, after learning that "Never Say Die" Gomes jacked another homer last night, I decided to pay a visit to www.baseball-reference.com (an Internet website) to see just how super fantastic Gomes has been in '09.

Long story short, he's headed to the Hall of Fame.

But that isn't what brings me here today. What brings me here is Jonny's middle name.

Johnson.

No shit. Johnson.

Jonny Johnson Gomes.

It's only a matter of time before George Grande starts calling him "J.J."

-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
8/29/09

0 comments: