Sunday, March 21, 2010

Tourney Locks: Second Round (Sunday)


Just woke up. Too much celebrating after Scottie Reynolds crapped the bed last night. Today's locks...

Texas A & M (-2) vs. Purdue.

Words: Secretly, A & M was one of the best teams in the opening round; one of the very few who took care of business from tip to buzzer. But they played in that dreaded 5:00 p.m. EST slot on Friday and nobody noticed. I've liked the Aggies all season and I'm riding them today against a gritty Purdue team. This should be a dog fight, but A & M just has too much for the Boilers.

Maryland (-1) vs. Michigan State

Sentences: There isn't a BCS conference team in the field who plays together better than the Terps. Every time I watch them I think, Jesus, Gary Williams is coaching mid-major talent. And he is! They are slow and unimpressive physically, but it's obvious they love playing with one another (and somehow score a shitload of points in the process). I've been doubting them all year, but it's about time I jump on board. They might not have the juice for a Final Four run (although thanks to Kansas and Georgetown, that's not as far-fetched as it appears), they should get by the enigmatic Spartans.

Locks record: 5-3

**********

I also gots...

Cuse (-6.5) vs. Gonzorga

Cornell (+4.5) vs. Wisconsin -- Cornell isn't as boring as you would think (and they're really effing good).

Missouri-West Virginia OVER (139) -- Yes, I took a WVU over; I'm banking on Mizzou's pace.

Cal-Duke OVER (147.5)

Xavier (+1) vs. Pitt -- The Muskies clearly (yes, clearly) hold the talent edge here.

Ohio State (-6.5) vs. Georgia Tech -- Hated Tech all year (and I don't trust Paul Hewitt)

-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
3/21/10

0 comments: