Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan Is More Talented Than George Grande

I called off work Saturday night. This depressed me. My solution came in the form of seven vicodin and a late-night viewing of WrestleMania VI. Am I a 21st century cliche? Kind of. But you know what? I don't give a shit. It was glorious.

Math: prescription painkillers + three hours of Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse Ventura = unadulterated bliss.

Have a problem with my methods of creating joy? Well, I don't know what to tell you. But before you judge me, I'd like to suggest a short video of Andre the Giant's last WrestleMania performance.

Please watch the pre-match interview with Mean Gene Okerlund ("We're going to eliminate them"), fast forward to Andre's brief ring appearances at the 4:12 and 6:09 marks (when he delivers slow motion kicks to either Ax or Smash) and then tell me this isn't A-plus entertainment.





See what I mean? Anyway, I chopped up a few podcasts but I'm having trouble uploading them to the media player. Stay with me, and I should have this accomplished before the end of the day.

UPDATE: Podcast posted.

-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
5/5/09

0 comments: